I'm still in the process of getting together a cold weather wardrobe for Miss S. It all of a sudden got really cold (for November) and snowed about 10 inches here. I wasn't quite prepared, so I got to work sewing up a bunch of long sleeved tee shirts. They aren't too interesting; they're just very basic long sleeved tees. I used a pattern that I've used for myself a lot: Jalie 2805. It is really a pretty great basic tee pattern. It goes from size 2T up to like a size 22 in women's. These are five of the nine I made (the others are either being worn or in the wash). They went together so, so quickly. It think I spent maybe a total of 5 hours over a few days. They're going to get some good use this winter :)
I also finally made the Apple Picking dress that I've had cut out for about a month and a half. I made this dress last year in a cotton flannel and it was a really great winter dress, so I made it again in a cotton flannel, but a different color. This fabric was left over from the lining of a Minoru jacket that I made for myself, but haven't blogged about yet.
I wasn't sure if it was a good fabric choice, because it's a bit subdued. When I finally got it sewn up and tried it on Miss S, I decided it was actually really, really cute.
I used blue buttons to pick up a little bit of blue in the flannel, as well as to add a little more color. It went together great, as always with an Oliver + S pattern :) I'm pretty happy with it
I also made the Penguin Backpack from the Little Things to Sew book. I've wanted to make this backpack ever since I saw it. I thought it was adorable, but was a little intimidated by the thought of sewing a backpack. We're going to visit my husband's family for Thanksgiving, and I wanted to make a little pack so Miss S could carry toys and snacks by herself for the plane.
True to Oliver + S form, the instructions were excellent. I used a denim for the body, then some quilting cottons I had in my stash for the beak, feet and belly pocket. I ordered the slider hardware on the back from Pacific Trimmings. They were reasonably priced and shipped quickly.
I used some vintage blue glass buttons for the eyes and lined it with a blue printed cotton. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, and it was actually quicker and easier to sew than I expected.
I've got a School Photo dress in the works, and another Fairy Tale dress in the planning stages. We'll see if I can get them finished soon!