Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Little Bear Cub Hood

When I first saw Oliver + S's Little Things to Sew, I wasn't too excited.  I didn't think I'd like making accessories and toys for kids and babies...but I was wrong :)  I should have known that anything with Liesl's name on it would be delightful.  I know this sounds cheesy, but seriously, it's like her patterns are magic.  Everything she designs is absolutely adorable, and the way the patterns are drafted and the instructions written, they're almost impossible to mess up.


I made the Warm Hood from the Little Things to Sew book.  I also have the mittens half sewn (meaning, I have one mitten fully sewn and one not started.  Awesome, I know :).  I made it from a cream-colored blizzard fleece I bought at Joann.  I would have loved to use wool, but Miss S has eczema and I've read that wool can irritate it, so I used the polyester fleece and lined it with a light pink flannel.  I love how it turned out.  She looks like a little bear cub when wearing it.



It went together so quickly and so easily, and it keeps her warm.  This would be a great baby gift...I'll have to keep it in mind.

Blog posting might be a little scarce for the next month or so.  We're getting ready to move into a house that requires some remodeling and we've got to be out of our current place by the end of the year, so it's looking like it will be a little crazy for the next little while.  Hopefully things will calm down after that (but really, does life ever calm down?)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, it is so lovely! I pinned this adorable picture weeks ago and I am so happy to find it's source! It looks like we both share a love of Oliver+ s!

    ReplyDelete