Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Warm Winter Dress 2: Oliver + S Apple Picking Dress

This is the second dress I decided to make in the relieving-my-paranoia-that-Miss-S-will-freeze-to-death series :)  I made the Oliver + S Apple Picking dress in a warm flannel.


 I wasn't so sure about this pattern when it first came out, but I took another look at it, and I'm glad I did.  It has some really cute details and I think it's especially cute in the teeny tiny size.


I was reading the back of the pattern, looking at the recommended fabrics, and I saw that flannel was recommended.  I wouldn't have thought of using flannel for this pattern, but I think it worked really well, especially for a warm winter dress.


I found this cute brown and pink flannel at my local fabric shop.  They are mainly a quilting fabric/sewing machine dealer, but in the back room, they usually have a random, but fun, assortment of fabric.  I was originally looking for a gray and pink plaid flannel, but they didn't have one, and I like this just as well.  It seems like all the dresses I'm making are unintentionally in the same brown and fuchsia color scheme.


I made View A with the 3/4 length sleeves and double ruffle at the bottom.  I love the cute little gathered sleeve...


The neck bow and double button placket.  I used some small, cream colored vintage glass buttons from the same seller on Etsy that I used on the Sailboat Skirts

I really like how it turned out.  I think it will be comfortable, easy to move in and WARM :) Stay tuned for Warm Winter Dress #3...

2 comments:

  1. It is so lovely and I do like your button choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. more info

    ReplyDelete